January 10, 2008

SHOCKING ART?

My Electric Prunes Poster




















As mentioned in my bio, from time to time I'll share with you some of the artwork from my collection. Many of the pieces will be signed portraits of musicians and comedians...

In 2007 I did many music related art pieces, but without a doubt the koolest had to be designing this poster for the seminal garage/psychedelic band THE ELECTRIC PRUNES!

After an interview with vocalist/guitarist James Lowe earlier in the year I learned that the band never had a proper psychedelic poster, so I offered my services. The (above) poster titled "Lust in a Long Time" was what I came up with. It was included in a feature on Poster Artists in the October issue (#28) of the UK published PHOTOSHOP CREATIVE Magazine. They also included my surreal photo collage "Them Thar Hills" (below) in the same issue. (You can order a copy "Lust" from the band's website).




















Best know for the 1966 hit song "Too much to Dream", and "Kyrie Eleison/Mardi Gras" a track on the Easy Rider soundtrack, the Prunes pulled the plug in 1968. The group then 'rewired' nearly 30 years later to bolt into the new millenium with several new (and acclaimed) recordings and tours.

They hopefully will have an east coast tour coming up in a the spring, in the meantime if you are near Solana Beach, CA on January 16 catch the at the Belly Up Tavern!















12-28-07 Knitting Factory gig photos by Janet Carincross















Here are a few tracks, one vintage one new, coutesy of The Electric Prunes:
from their "Stockholm '67" EP on the Heartbeat label

from the recent release "Feedback" on their own PruneTwang label


visit THE ELECTRIC PRUNES Official website

My Profile in Photoshop Creative's Website

No comments: