April 22, 2008

EARTH DAY









RARE EARTH DAY!


















In honor of Earth Day, and our efforts in going green, I just wanna...Get Ready....I Just Want to Celebrate! I'll celebrate by introducing to you (or reminding you of) a few tracks from one of my all-time favorite Live Albums (Top 5) - RARE EARTH IN CONCERT!



















This is actually the very first LP I every bought with my own (lawn mowing) money. "I just want to celebrate" was the hit, but I quickly fell in love with the whole album. Get long jams on original tunes and a few Motown classics (Rare Earth were actually the first Caucasian band on a subsidiary Motown label to have hit records).












The now dilapidated Miami Marine Stadium. She suffered major damage during Hurricane Andrew in '92.

The double album, also known as the "backpack album", was largely recorded at the Miami Marine Stadium in 1971 (a few tracks were from Jacksonville) was a favorite on FM radio at the time. Mostly because of it's loose & groovy vibe (listen to the rap at the beginning of "Hey Big Brother") and fine musicianship.

I later became a big fan of concerts at the Marine Stadium, what a beautiful venue at the time. I saw Peter Paul & Mary, and Chuck Mangione there, and was there the night Jimmy Buffett filmed the cocert that was to be relesed on video called "By the Bay"...you might have seen it on PBS.

Enjoy the tunes, check the links below...and maybe petition Motown to officially release Rare Earth In Concert on CD!










RARE EARTH

EARTH DAY NETWORK

GO GREEN

TREEHUGGER

ROCK THE VOTE

No comments: